EPD PICtail Plus Daughter Board with Microchip Explorer 16
Note: The Microchip Explorer 16 development board is required for use with this EPD PICtail Plus Daughter Board and is sold separately through Microchip and other distributors.
EPD PICtail™ Plus Daughter Board is an extension board to the Microchip® Explorer 16 Development Board. EPD PICtail Plus Daughter Board is designed to kick-start EPD development with Microchip Graphic Library and PIC Microcontrollers including PIC24, dsPIC33 and PIC32 families.
There is on board 40 pins FPC connector connects to our E Ink based EPD panels. The driving circuit supports driving 1.44 inch, 2 inch and 2.7 inch EPD panels via SPI interface. All three sizes of EPD ship with the EPD PICtail Plus Daughter Board. The sample Microchip MPLAB® X IDE project provides source driving waveform including global update and partial update with command interface to update content on EPD panel for developer to start working with EPD application easily.
- Supports driving 1.44″, 2″ and 2.7″ EPD Panels including V231 FPL (Front Plane Laminate)
- Direct drive EPD by Microchip PIC24 microcontroller without extra graphic or timing controller
- On board 256K bits serial RAM and temperature sensor
- On board LDO voltage regulator to 3V for EPD operation
- PICtail Plus Interface for connecting to Explorer 16 Development Board
- Open documentation and driving waveform for EPD panel
- Provides Microchip MPLAB® X project source code with Microchip Graphic Library
- Provides global update and partial update driving technology on EPD panels